Dating websites, slimming products websites, clairvoyance websites, pornographic websites, bidding websites…
Which is, in your opinion, the common element between these websites?
Automatic withdrawals: paid subscriptions that are automatically renewed.
How I did find myself subscribed in these sites?
- By subscribing a test offer at very low price in a short period
- By entering my bank information to “prove” that I am over 18
- By paying the shipping cost for a product announced as “free”
- By buying a few minutes of online or phone consultation (in clairvoyance sites, for exemple)
How do subscriptions system work?
“I wanted to try this web site for three days and now I’m being levied 35 dollars every month”
“After being asked in a survey, I was told I won free products. I juste needed to pay 5,90$ of shipping cost”
“I subscribed to an adult dating site and I was told to prove I was over 18 by entering my bank information”
In some cases, internet users are registered without realizing: they find out the problem when they consult their bank statement.
These websites base their business most of the time in this principle: obtain bank information from their visitors and engage them automatically to a payed subscription which is renewed automatically every month.
Is this legal?
« Your subscription will be automatically renewed between stipuleted periods if you do not cancel your account before the end of the validity period »
« If you do not take any action in the test period, the subscription will be automatically confirmed.»
How can I cancel my subscription and stop my monthly levies?
Every web site has different steps to take: there are not therefore a single answer.
The more a web site complicates the unsubscription process, the more their internet users stay as clients (and pay every month).,
Thereby, some websites impose a certified letter or a fax. Others, invite you to call them (to a surcharged telephone number) to provide you at least one code. The most “honest” will allow you to unsubscribe you directly from your account or by sending a mail to the site administrator.
Some advice: you have to receive a confirmation e-mail or regular mail that proves that you are truly unsubscribed. A written evidence that proves that the web site has received your cancellation request.
And, if I ask my bank not to pay?
Which information? Credit card number, card security code and expiration date.
By logic, therefore if the user changes his credit card, these information become false and there is no possibility of doing more withdrawals.
Follow these four advices to avoid withdrawals’ scams
- Read systematically the term of use before entering your bank information in a website. It is unpleasant, but it is absolutely necessary and mandatory if you have any doubt
- Ask your bank for an e-card (single use card: allows just one payment). Do not hesitate to ask for more information to your bank advisor.
- Remember: “Websites are companies. They are here to make money. Their test offers and shipping costs participation will not sustain them.” Find out how the website makes money and you will avoid scams.
- Do not block your credit card without reaching before all the phases that unsubscribes you. If not, you will be the one who do not respect the contract.
A solution to your problem
You are a victim of abusive withdrawals? You would like to be helped in the unsubscription process? You want to cancel your paying membership and stop all the withdrawals? Discover the Sos Internet service or contact us.
tishaon 24 May 2020 Reply
cancel all subscriptions i did not sign up for these and i want my money back
Deborah Deanon 31 March 2020 Reply
Unsubscribe. Cancel all automatic withdrawals
Crescenzo Materaon 22 October 2019 Reply
Unsubscribe me this is a scam
I did not sign up for this 3 times
Troyon 27 February 2019 Reply
I want my money back please
Pete Dennistonon 8 July 2017 Reply
Unsubscribe me immediately
Robert S Hoffmanon 6 June 2015 Reply
I don’t have a web page. Last month I asked to be removed from your site and I just got my statement and you charged me again. I am on a fixed income and demand you take off your list. My e-mail again is email@example.com. I would appreciate a return conformation. Thank You
amiton 7 March 2015 Reply
I want to unsubscribe FM my flirt account
johnon 10 March 2015
We have nothing to do with Flirt, we help people unregister from them.
We can help you. Feel free to choose one of our services if you need any help.